//Girl goes blind, becomes paralyzed after flu shot

Girl goes blind, becomes paralyzed after flu shot

by Daryl Lindsey

Girl goes blind, becomes paralyzed after flu shot (Photo: MGN)
Girl goes blind, becomes paralyzed after flu shot (Photo: MGN)

A family is searching for answers after their 9-year-old daughter suddenly lost her vision and her ability to move.

The 4th grader from Crystal Beach, Texas has been in a hospital bed since October 17th, when she suddenly became blind and paralyzed, CNN reports.

Her parents say she got a flu vaccine 2 days before her health began deteriorating.

Eight hours after the shot, her parents say she was vomiting profusely. By Saturday, she was paralyzed from the waist down and blind after an apparent seizure.

Dr. Umair Shah, the executive director of Harris County Public Health and Environmental Services, says Flue Shots are extremely safe and encourages everyone over the age of 6 months to get one.

“There are some cases, very rare, that a flu shot has a more reaction,” Shah said.

According to CNN, Brianna’s parents believe their daughter is a part of that small group.

Source: KUTV

Comments