Mark Anthony Breaux, 49, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender, is now in custody after being captured on Wednesday in Humble, Texas. Breaux was wanted for failure to register as a sex offender, evading arrest/detention and probation violation. The arrest was the result of a tip, and a reward up to $5,000 will be paid.
Working off tip information, the Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal Investigations Division (CID) located and arrested Breaux without incident near a gas station in Humble. In 1991, Breaux was convicted of aggravated sexual assault of a child after an incident in Jefferson County involving a 9-year-old girl. He subsequently was sentenced to 15 years in prison. For more information, see his captured bulletin at: dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted.
So far in 2015, DPS and other agencies have arrested 25 Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives and Sex Offenders, including 19 sex offenders, and $61,500 in rewards have been paid for tips that resulted in arrests.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, there are five different ways to provide anonymous tips:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (itunes.apple.com) and for Android users on Google Play: (play.google.com).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted.