by Bill Boone
HAM radio, medical emergencies, heirloom seeds and tiny houses will be on the agenda for Ozarks Self Reliant Living University’s annual preparedness seminars January 23 and 24 from 9 am to 5 pm, according to event coordinator Mike Slack.
“The seminars will be held over two days, Saturday at Faith in God Church between Brandsville and Koskonong. Sunday at the Next Step 7th Day Adventist Church on Highway 63 in West Plains” Slack said.
“The event is free, with lunch provided for a small donation to save time as we have many topics to cover” Slack said. Speakers will include Patricia Uvenges on Homesteading and Tiny Houses, Mike Knocks of the White Harvest Seed Company on GMOs and Heirloom Seeds, John Price of the West Plains HAM Radio Club on radio communications during emergencies, and registered nurse Mary Price on handling medical emergencies, as well as several other speakers.”
The annual event is free and everyone is welcome. The organizers encourage people to RSVP to help plan seating and the amount of food needed for lunch. For more information please call 417-264-2435.
List of Events for the 24th
- 9 am Staying Healthy with the Right Foods, Robin Gilbert
- 10 am GMO’s and Heirloom Seeds, Mike Knocks, White Harvest Seeds
- 11 am Seed Saving, Jill Henderson
- 12 noon Lunch Provided, $4 donation suggested (both meat and vegetarian dishes)
- 1 pm Tiny House Homesteading, Patricia Uvenges
- 2 pm Self Defense and Firearms, Jeremy Youngs
- 3 pm Craig Wiles Preparedness 101 Social, Financial, Working Together as a Community
- 4 pm Craig Wiles Solar Power and Alternative Energy
Free Admission, Lunch Provided for Small Donation